Blogging Meme

Blogging Meme

Thanks Sonya (@vanschaijik) for starting this, Stephen (@PalmyTeacher) for tagging me and Helen (@HelenofTroy01) for starting a Google Doc to track all these enlightening Memes (is that a word?).
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rjscDE0NSPnt1IcZMvthqcjBByAcKKU2hKjgQmqtHbU/edit#

Here goes a real blog post!

The blogging task includes:

  • Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
  • Share 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
  • List 11 bloggers.
  • Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated.  Don't nominate a blogger who has nominated you.

11 Random Facts about Me:
  1. I had to Google the meaning of 'meme' (www.merriam-webster.com: an idea, behaviour, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture)
  2. My adult life keeps going in 3 year cycles - 3 year degree, 3 years teaching in Tokoroa, 3 years teaching/living in London, 3 years back in Tauranga...before...
  3. In 2013 bought my first home and went overseas as my 30th presents to myself
  4. I collect shot glasses and thimbles
  5. I have been to Paris and up the Eiffel Tower three times
  6. I ski but don't snowboard and I wakeboard but don't waterski
  7. I drive my dream car - A blue 2002 WRX STI
  8. I can trace my family (all sides) back to the early 1800's in Ireland, Scotland, England, Denmark and Germany
  9. I love butterflies - have done so since I learnt my first name means butterfly when I was about 8
  10. I love photography and have completed an Introductory Photography course online (from England) and a Photoshop Course here in NZ
  11. I wish I could go to the Royal Ascot races every year

My questions from @PalmyTeacher:
1) What is your favourite memory as a child? Camping with my family all over New Zealand and hearing the tent being zipped up at night.
2) If you could live any place in the world where would it be and why? London again, no wait perhaps Germany...then again I love my house and I love Tauranga. That's actually a hard question for me.
3) Who is your favourite person? This one was hard to come up with as it's not just one person, but both my parents.
4) In your career so far which teacher has inspired you the most? My principal from my first school.
5) If you could change one thing about your work place what would it be? Communication.
6) What are your favourite 3 apps for learning? Explain Everything/Show Me, Alphabet by Pi'ikea Street, and Popplet
7) If you won a million dollars would you continue in your current job? Most likely, although perhaps not full time. ;)
8) What do you like to do in your spare time? Spend it with my family.
9) What is the thing you are most proud of in your life? Buying my house.
10) If you could go to dinner with any 3 people alive or dead who would you choose? My Nana, Grandad and Jesus
11) What are 3 things you want to achieve in 2014? 
Extending my use of technology for learning, not just consuming.
Participating in a Ceroc Dance competition.
Continuing to develop a healthy lifestyle.

My 11 Bloggers:

My Questions for you:

  1. If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be and why?
  2. What is your favourite holiday destination in New Zealand?
  3. As a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
  4. What did you wonder about today?
  5. What did you learn today?
  6. Facebook or Google+ and why?
  7. What do you love and/or hate most about technology?
  8. How do you like to relax after a long, hard day at work?
  9. What was your highlight of 2013?
  10. What is your favourite TV programme or movie and why?
  11. Please share your favourite children's book and why.
Phew! Thanks everyone for sharing and enjoy the rest of Summer. :)

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa, I have just picked up your blog. It is lovely to read about who you are and to make connections. I also have wonderful camping memories and it took me until I was 50 to shout my trip overseas. I also like the way you are thinking about creating with technology.
    Thank you for sharing. I also look forward to seeing how your tagged people respond to your questions. All the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment